This is a lovely treat for the kids and goes well with coffee or tea time.
This is a small batch, so I usually makes a double batter.
250ml/1 cup selfraising flour
60ml castor sugar
1ml salt (only a pinch)
2ml vanilla essence
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C.
2. Prepare 2 baking sheets by lining it with baking paper.
3. Sift the flour, Maisena, castor sugar and salt together in a bowl.
4. Rub in the butter until it represents fine bread crumbs.
5. Lightly beat the eggs and vanilla in a small bowl and add this to the flour mixture. Mix it together with a fork.
6. Knead together until a smooth ball of dough forms.
7. Roll out and cut with cookie cutter or roll in balls and slightly press down with a fork.
8. Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes.